Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Simply Delicious!

夏には簡単で直ぐに
出来る食事を食べたい。
When the weather warms up, the last place I want to be is in the kitchen.  I would rather be outside spending the long summer days with my kids at the beach or taking the dog for a walk.  One of my kids' favorite dishes that gets me out of the kitchen quickly is Cauliflower Pasta.  It is a recipe I got from my Italian aunt.   




 Ingredients
   
 1 head of cauliflower
    1 sweet onion
    8 strips of bacon
    475 ml of chicken stock
    cooked spaghetti



Slice the bacon and chop the onion.  Saute them in a pot over medium high heat until brown.  Add cauliflower and chicken stock.  Cover pot and cook over low heat for about an hour.  Serve over cooked spaghetti and sprinkle with a little parmesan cheese.   

 










VOCABULARY

  • rather  -  prefer  (むしろ)
  • spend time  (時間を過ごす)
  • take a walk  (散歩する)
  • dish  -  food, course  (料理)
  • head  (カリフラワーの一コ)
  • strip  (切れ)
  • slice  (切る)
  • chop  (刻む)
  • serve (よそう)
  • sprinkle  (ふりかける)

_____________________________

Yellowware

Between 1830 and the 1940's, yellowware could be found in many
American kitchens.  It was mostly used for mixing, baking and storage.  Many bowls were decorated with colored bands.



Yellowware は昔アメリカの家の台所でよく使われて、
        今も人気で揃えている人がたくさんいます。


No comments:

Post a Comment